Bruno Gironcoli was born in 1936 in Villach, Carinthia. After completing an apprenticeship as a goldsmith, he studied art and, from 1977 until his death in 2010, he headed the School of Sculpture at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna. In 1997, he received the Austrian Decoration of Honor for Science and Art and in 2003, he designed the Austria pavilion for the 50th Venice Biennale.
The Gironcoli Museum, erected in his lifetime in the park of Herberstein, a castle in Styria, is dedicated to Gironcoli who died in 2010.
For information about the installation of Bruno Gironcoli click here.